When I met Chris, I was 19. So young … just a baby! And my prowess in the kitchen was, well, sadly lacking in most ways. My specialties were the basics: spaghetti, grilled cheese, ramen noodles (hello broke college kid!). Oh, and frozen pizza! So the first time I served him frozen pizza on my oh-so-fancy paper plates – after cutting the slices with kitchen shears! – I think I stole his heart! “Did you just use scissors to cut that pizza?” You BET I did!! And I use my kitchen shears for tons of things in the kitchen!
Time Saving Ways to Use Kitchen Shears
I bet there are a 1000 ways to use kitchen shears, but here are my top 10 favorite ways to make work in the kitchen a snap! Or a snip? 😉
- Cleaning fresh green beans – kitchen shears make snipping those ends off a breeze!
- Cutting pizza – seriously, try it! So much easier than that pizza wheel!
- Bite sized anything – kitchen shears make cutting up bacon, chicken, etc. into bite sized pieces so quick and easy. Say buh-bye to the cutting board!
- Cutting grilled cheese (or any messy or ooey gooey sandwich) in half or into fingers that are perfect for dipping!
- Snipping herbs and chives for side dishes, main dishes and garnishes.
- Cutting food for kiddos – messy spaghetti, hot dogs or string cheese are no match for kitchen shears!
- Use kitchen shears to remove the crust from bread.
- Making toad in a hole (you may call it eggs in a basket)? Fold your slice of bread in half and use your kitchen shears to cut a half circle – no glass or cookie cutter needed!
- Easily cut a banana or grapes with kitchen shears – firm fruit cuts easier.
- Cut pie crust, rolled out cookie dough, refrigerated cinnamon rolls/biscuits or portion bread dough for bread sticks, cookie sticks, dinner rolls, pie crust dippers, etc.
How to YOU use kitchen shears??
More tips & tricks!
- Organize your iPhone Chargers with Washi Tape
- How to Extend the Length of a Necklace
- Quick DIY Cake Stand
- Check out my Great Ideas & Good to Know Pinterest Board
Time Saving Ways to Use Kitchen Shears may be shared here: