Thanksgiving leftovers get new life when added to a melty grilled cheese sandwich! These Thanksgiving Leftovers Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are the most delicious way to use those Thanksgiving leftovers!
- 4 slices sourdough or wheat bread
- sliced leftover turkey
- leftover prepared stuffing
- 8 slices muenster, havarti, mozzarella or non-smoked provolone cheese
- softened butter
- Butter the outside of two slices of bread.
- Place one piece of buttered bread butter side down in a large skillet.
- Add two slices of cheese, leftover sliced turkey, leftover prepared stuffing and two additional slices of cheese. (You may need to press the stuffing together in a compact layer so it does not crumble out of the sandwich.)
- Top the leftovers with the second piece of buttered bread, butter side up.
- Repeat for second sandwich and turn stove burner to medium heat.
- When the first side of the sandwich is golden brown and toasted, carefully flip the sandwich and cook until the second side is golden brown and all cheese is melted.
- Serve with warm leftover turkey gravy or leftover cranberry sauce for dipping.