Are you ready for one of the most delicious recipes I have ever posted? I’m not exaggerating. Strawberries & cream cheesecake cookie bars.
Soft sugar cookie squares topped with heaps of cheesecake “frosting” just bursting with bright, fresh strawberries? Yes, please and I’ll have another!!
While I was making strawberry pancakes for breakfast last weekend, I diced up way too many strawberries. Now, I could have saved them for a smoothie the next day or throw them atop a bowl of oatmeal. BOR-ING.
Instead, I rummaged around my fridge and came up with a tube of sugar cookie dough, a block of cream cheese, the ever present tub of Cool Whip (why yes, I am a food blogger!) and you know what happened next …
Now, you should know by now that I rarely post super complicated recipes. And this is no exception. While the cookie bars are baking, dice up a few strawberries, mix up the easy cheesecake frosting and once the cookies are cool, load them up!
- One 1 lb. tube of Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
- One 8 oz. block of cream cheese (softened)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tub of Cool Whip (thawed)
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- Press the cookie dough evenly into a 8×8 or 9×9 square baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350*. Just keep an eye on the cookie bar so it doesn’t get too crispy.
- Allow the cookie bar to cool and cut it into 9 or 12 squares depending on the size of your pan.
- Finely dice 1/2 cup fresh strawberries and set aside.
- In a bowl, cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- On the lowest speed of your mixture, add the Cool Whip and mix just until it is incorporated.
- Fold the diced strawberries into the cheesecake mixture.
- Top each cookie bar square with a heap of fluffy strawberry cheesecake frosting.
To avoid the cookie bars getting soggy, keep the strawberry cheesecake frosting refrigerated and add it just before serving.
Aren’t they pretty? Those bright red bits of strawberry are the perfect tangy compliment to the chewy sugar cookie bars. And since these have lots of fruit and cream cheese (just like I could put on a bagel), these are fine for breakfast, right?!
Don’t stop at strawberries & cream cheesecake cookie bars! Pop this filling in a graham cracker or chocolate crumb crust for an unbelievable no-bake dessert. Or cut the sugar cookies into long skinny bars to dip in this fluffy strawberry cheesecake heaven. There is no stopping you now! Bring on the berries!
Speaking of strawberries, here are a few more of my favorite recipes just bursting with bright red strawberries: