I love a quick dessert that looks like you slaved away all day, don’t you?! Some of my favorite go-to dessert recipes start with a little shortcut, so, I like to keep some of my favorite staples like cake mixes, frosting and pre-made cookie dough on hand just in case I need a dessert in a pinch! And though they may look like a lot of work, these sweet little bite-sized cookie cups are so easy! And have a colorful little surprise inside!
Spring Surprise Cookie Cups
Aren’t they cute? I’m totally in love with the ruffly piped chocolate frosting! So, I bet you are wondering … well, what’s the surprise? Tucked inside each perfectly soft sugar cookie cup is a delicious pop of PINK! Spring-time pink chocolate chips provide a fun burst of color and a little nugget of chocolate baked right in the center!
- One 24-count package of Immaculate Baking Vanilla Sugar Cookies
- 36 – 48 pink chocolate chips (I used a bag of Spring morsels)
- Chocolate frosting (homemade or purchased)
- Spring sprinkles
- Slice each cookie in half lengthwise – you’ll have two thinner circles of dough.
- Place 3 – 4 pink chocolate chips on one half of the dough and press the remaining dough on top. It is a tight fit, but just squeeze them in.
- Gently roll the dough into a ball around the pink chocolate chips.
- Place each cookie ball into the well of a mini muffin pan.
- Bake according to package directions, just until golden brown.
- When cool, pipe or spread on frosting and add sprinkles.
My bag of Spring morsels also came with yellow chocolate chips. However, it was hard to see the “surprise” since the yellow color was so close to the color of the sugar cookie dough. But they still tasted delicious!
Now, I love the contrast of rich chocolate frosting and vanilla sugar cookie, so I piped on chocolate frosting and added Spring sprinkles found in the Dollar Spot at Target. I just LOVE those little pink bunny sprinkles – I used them on my no-bake pound cake bites, too! You can top these cookie bites with your favorite frosting flavor if you don’t like chocolate. (Don’t like chocolate … is there such a thing?!)
See? SO easy! You could easily adapt this recipe for other flavor combinations: chocolate cookie dough and mint chips, gingerbread with white chocolate chips or oatmeal cookies with cinnamon chips. Oh man, I see more cookie cups in my future!!
This blog is not a one trick pony when it comes to cookie cups! Oh no, cookie cups for everyone!!
Thanks to the Immaculate Baking Co. for their partnership (and coupons!) to make this yummy post possible! This post may be shared at these link parties: