- 1 cup torn baby spinach leaves (stems removed)
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa (chilled)
- 4 tablespoons light balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing (divided)
- 4 or 5 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 6-8 fresh mozzarella pearls (or fresh mozzarella cheese cut into cubes)
- 1-2 basil leaves
- Mix all ingredients together except the basil and 1 tablespoon vinaigrette.
- Allow to chill for an hour or two before serving - this helps the spinach leaves soften a bit and the flavors marry together.
- Just before serving, chiffonade or tear the basil leaves and sprinkle on top and add additional tablespoon of dressing if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.