Over the long Labor Day weekend (bonus day off!), I was finally able to get in the kitchen and start the glorious journey of Fall baking! If you follow along on instagram, you saw that I welcomed an old friend this weekend … pumpkin!! And of course, I had to whip up a batch of the easiest pumpkin cookies you will ever find!
Soft & Chewy Pumpkin Cookies with Chocolate Chips
You may remember that I used the same basic recipe (cake mix + can of pumpkin) for these pumpkin spice cupcakes with pumpkin spice topping which just happen to be another Fall favorite in our house!! I know there is not much of a recipe (and I sort of already gave it to you in the previous sentence), but here are the easy instructions for these cookies!Print
- One spice cake mix
- One 15 oz. can of pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350*.
- In a large bowl – or using your stand mixer – mix spice cake mix and pumpkin well. (You want to make sure there are no bits of unmixed cake mix in the batter.)
- With a spatula, fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- With a small cookie scoop or a spoon, place tablespoon sized scoops of batter on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until the center of the cookies are baked through.
These cookies don’t spread out much during baking, nor will the “peaks” smooth out, which does give them a rustic appearance. Recipe at shakentogetherlife.com
They are not perfectly round or necessarily the prettiest cookies, but they are flavorful and soft and oh-so-pumpkiny! And if you catch them right out of the oven, the mini chocolate chips are warm and gooey and the cookies nearly melt in your mouth!
Even Camden who doesn’t have much of a sweet tooth (the nerve!) gave these soft & chewy pumpkin cookies with chocolate chips two thumbs up and Kaleb requested that they make an appearance in his lunch box. How can a mom say no to that?!
More pumpkin? Coming right up!