Save a ton of calories and skip the drive through with our make at home Dunkin copycat Frozen Coffee recipe! This slushy coffee drink is a frosty, refreshing way to enjoy your morning cup of joe and tastes just as good as Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks!
Guys, you have NO idea how excited I am about this post! When my local Dunkin' Donuts debuted their frozen coffee, I was hooked!
Oh, it was bad. Like at least three times a week bad. I would practically dream about a toasted almond frozen coffee.
It was really bad for my wallet and - little did I know - really bad for my waistline. (A small frozen coffee has almost 500 calories - eek!)
So, I popped some coffee in the freezer, grabbed my blender and whipped up this healthy frozen coffee that tastes every bit as delicious as Dunkin Donuts!
How to make Dunkin Donuts frozen coffee
So ... what makes this skinny frozen coffee taste just like the store-bought one without all the calories? A couple of simple, key ingredients:
- Coffee - there are less than 5 calories (Maybe even just 1 calorie!) in 8 oz. of coffee
- Vanilla almond milk - (not the unsweetened variety) 8 oz. only has 80 calories and enough sweetness to take the place of added sugar
- Almond extract (you can also use vanilla, rum, mint, etc.) - ½ teaspoon has about 6 calories
One generous 16 oz. glass of this skinny frozen coffee clocks in at under 90 calories!
How to Make Frozen Coffee
- The only 'prep work' for this recipe is to freeze some coffee. Brew your favorite blend of coffee and allow it to cool. Once you have the coffee cooled, just put in an ice cube tray and let it freeze over night.
- Blend together some frozen coffee cubes, vanilla almond milk and a splash of almond extract and you are just a whirl away from caffeinated heaven.
- Enjoy without the guilt!!
Can you see that glorious, slushy consistency? It is so frosty and refreshing! I don't know about you, but hot coffee during summer is just wrong. This Skinny Frozen Coffee is oh so right!
How to Change the Flavor Variations
There are tons of ways you can switch up the flavors of this skinny frozen coffee:
- Mint Chocolate Chip: Chocolate almond milk + mint extract
- Butter Rum: Cashew milk + rum extract
- Very Vanilla: Vanilla almond milk + vanilla extract
- Coconut: Coconut soy milk + vanilla extract
With less than 100 calories, you can even splurge on a little whipped cream! This is the perfect frosty, frozen coffee drink for my fellow coffee lovers!
More Delicious Recipes with COFFEE!!
- Cookie Dough Iced Coffee
- Iced Mocha Eclair Cake
- Boozy Coffeehouse Italian Sodas
- Dalgona Korean Whipped Coffee
If you try this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Skinny Frozen Coffee (Dunkin’ Donuts Copycat)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: none
- Cuisine: American
Save a ton of calories and skip the drive through with our make at home Skinny Frozen Coffee! This slushy coffee drink is a frosty, refreshing way to enjoy your morning cup of joe!
- 8 oz vanilla almond milk
- 6-8 coffee ice cubes
- ½ teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- Brew your favorite coffee or used purchased iced coffee and fill ice cube trays with coffee.
- Allow to freeze completely.
- In a blender, add almond milk, extract and coffee ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth and slushy.
Keywords: skinny frozen coffee
This recipe was originally shared July 2017 and updated July 2020 with additional information.
Tina Fultz says
Your recipe is SCRUMPTIOUS!!!! My husby & I are absolutely hooked on this, we make a double batch everyday! I use the low fat unsweetened almond milk so each of our mason jar servings are only 30 calories...yay! Thank You so much for sharing this recipe, it's a keeper for sure 🙂
It’s definitely a keeper. I use my Dunkin’ Donuts coffee mug. Your recipe tastes delicious and it costs a lot less!
Hi Margo - that is so great to hear! I LOVE being able to make this skinny frozen coffee at home whenever I want!! Thanks so much for stopping by Shaken Together!
Thanks so much for sharing your recipe. My husband bought me the Blend Jet for a Christmas present and everything mixes so well. I have added vanilla pea protein powder for a kick start at times. No more spending money at Dunkin. P.S my husband says thank you for your recipe as well (so I do not spend money)
Melissa Riker says
So glad you enjoyed it!
So amazing and I use my flavored coffee to make this! Maple Pecan with low fat almond milk so it’s less than 40 calories a serving! Amazing!
Would you be open to share how you make yours ? I absolutely loooooove maple pecan and would like to try this!
Nice and light I made a Vanhazel used (vanilla, hazelnut syrup). Next time I will use my stronger brew coffee it was a little weak for me. But good
Melissa Riker says
So glad you liked it!
I like this recipe because it is simple and doesn't ask for a lot of ingredients that I don't have. I do agree with another review that says use strong coffee. Next time I will use stronger coffee in my ice cubes - but it was still good! Much more satisfying than just a cup of liquid - it's a slushy smoothie! I didn't have vanilla almond milk so I added a half teaspoon of vanilla - I think next time I will use 1/4 tsp or get the vanilla almond milk. It's summertime here and almost no one wants a hot cup of coffee!