This post brought to you by Libby’s. All opinions are 100% mine.
Are you ready for another easy weeknight meal idea? How about one with a twist? Maybe even a healthy twist?! I’m adding my favorite orange superfood to a classic Italian sauce for a delicious dinner: Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce & Pasta!
That’s right … pumpkin in May, people. Don’t tuck Libby’s Pumpkin away until Thanksgiving! Stir a few spoonfuls of pumpkin into macaroni and cheese, add it to your morning smoothie and oatmeal or substitute it for butter, eggs or oil in baking! Pumpkin is a great source of fiber, beta carotene and vitamin A and believe it or not, it is an amazing add in to bottled alfredo sauce! Orange is the new black, right?!
So, what superfood can sneak right past 11-year old’s taste buds with a ton of healthy goodness? Pumpkin Can! Yep, this is a kid-approved, full of pumpkin, unbelievably delicious twist on dinner!Print
- Two 15 oz. jars of your favorite light Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 12 oz. bowtie pasta or your favorite pasta
- Shaved Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and place pasta in to cook.
- In a medium sauce pan, stir together light Alfredo sauce and pumpkin.
- While pasta is cooking, allow sauce to simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta.
- Top pasta with pumpkin alfredo sauce and a sprinkling of shaved Parmesan cheese.
If you want to add a little protein, stir in 2 cups of chopped rotisserie chicken.
Since my hubby has a very physical job and our boys are avid baseball players, I pumped up our pumpkin pasta with a little protein. We added 2 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken to our pasta and it was delicious with the cheesy pumpkin alfredo sauce!
Now it’s your chance to share your passion for pumpkin! Head over to enter for a chance to win weekly prizes!
Get your orange on and connect with Libby’s on Facebook, Libby’s on Twitter and Libby’s on Pinterest!
This post may be shared at these link parties: