Brown sugar simmered pineapple tops soft pound cake for this easy, no bake Summer dessert – Pineapple Pound Cake!
You knew they were coming.
The no bake desserts of Summer!
I am SUCH a big fan of easy desserts. I would rather be chatting it up with my guests or hanging with the family … I didn’t get checks on my reports cards for “excessive talking” for nothing 😉
Pineapple Pound Cake
Yes, I know this is not a traditional baked pineapple upside down cake. There is no dramatic “flip and reveal”. But there is also no stress, no bake time and almost no wait 🙂
The best part?
Just a handful of ingredients and a few minutes at the stove!
To get started, simmer pineapple chunks in brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. While those are getting to know each other better, slice purchased pound cake into slices about one inch thick.
Then, pile the pineapple over the sliced pound cake.
Add a big ol’ dollop of whipped topping or whipped cream …
And of course, a cherry on top! It is reminiscent of classic pineapple upside down pound cake that is often times baked with maraschino cherries inside of pineapple rings. And just so darn cute.
This is serious Summer YUM right here:
Soft buttery pound cake, warm brown sugar cinnamon pineapple, cool fluffy whipped topping and a sweet pop from that bright red maraschino cherry … in just minutes!
You could even top this Pineapple Pound Cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or fro yo … oh why didn’t I think of that sooner?!
More Easy Breezy No Bake Desserts!Print
Need an easy no-bake Summer dessert? You will love this easy Pineapple Pound Cake!
- One 20 oz. can of pineapple chunks or tidbits (drained)
- 1/2 cup one stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 dashes of ground cinnamon
- Purchased pound cake cut into eight 1 inch slices
- Whipped topping or whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- In a 12 inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat and stir in brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add pineapple to the skillet and stir to coat pineapple.
- While pineapple is simmering, arrange two slices of pound cake on each plate.
- Continue simmering the pineapple until it has softened and the sauce has slightly darkened.
- Divide and spoon pineapple over pound cake slices and then drizzle with remaining sauce.
- Top with whipped topping or whipped cream and add a cherry on top.
Keywords: pineapple pound cake