With just 4 ingredients, these festive Peppermint Crunch Nutella Twists are an easy holiday dessert that are dangerously delicious!
Chocolate peppermint fans, gather round! Today, I’ve got a dessert for you that is surprisingly easy and almost too delicious. These sweet little dessert twists starts with good ol’ cresent roll dough but they are filled and topped with the flavors of the season. It doesn’t get much better than creamy chocolate hazelnut spread paired with bright crunchy candy canes.
Peppermint Crunch Nutella Twists
Did you catch that this recipe only uses 4 ingredients? That right:
- Crescent roll dough – pliable, perfectly buttery and just the right base for this easy dessert
- Nutella – and cue the angels singing
- White chocolate – this creamy chocolate catches the crushed candy canes and looks festive drizzled on top of these twists
- Candy canes – nothing says Christmas like candy canes
Now, I used a crescent dough sheet. It is basically one big roll out sheet of crescent dough without the perforations to make the individual rolls. It’s great for strombolis, sweet rolls and pizzas. And now … for Peppermint Crunch Nutella Twists!
*If you can’t find the crescent dough sheet, unroll a tube of regular crescent rolls and press the seams together to create one sheet of dough.
For this recipe, I rolled out the sheet of dough to create a larger, thinner dough sheet. Then, I cut it in half lengthwise. I spread one half of the dough with Nutella and topped it with the other half of the dough. I pressed it together lightly just to hold it together, but not hard enough for the Nutella to goosh out. (Goosh is a technical term if you’re wondering. Ha!)
Then, I cut the Nutella stuffed sheet into 14 strips.
Finally, I twisted each strip and laid it on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
These Nutella stuffed twists get a turn in a 375 degree oven and they come out all golden brown and smelling delectable!
Oh, but don’t stop there friends. A quick drizzle of melted white chocolate and a shower of chopped candy canes and these guys are all decked out in their holiday finery!
Once the chocolate has set, these pretty little Nutella peppermint twists can be loaded on a pretty tray for any holiday party or served with coffee for a morning treat!
I am fairly certain that a plate of these Peppermint Crunch Nutella Twist will land us firmly at the top of Santa’s nice list 😉
Speaking of lists, here are a few things that I used in the kitchen to make these Nutella peppermint treats:
- Parchment Paper Sheets – I literally use these ALL.THE.TIME.
- White Melting Wafers – perfect for drizzling, dipping and dunking all the holiday treats
- Chopper – this is much safer than chopping candy canes (and nuts, hard cheese, garlic cloves, veggies, etc.) by hand. I have a Pampered Chef chopper I received as a gift, but this chopper and this chopper are two brands that I have used before, too.
**This list contains affiliate links, meaning that if you make a purchase after clicking through, Shaken Together may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for helping me keep the kitchen stocked and free recipes and entertaining ideas coming your way! For all of my favorite kitchen tools, products and fun finds, Shop Shaken Together!
P.S. I find that treats/baked goods made with refrigerated dough are typically best served soon after baking. You can store these for a day or so in an air tight container, but I always recommend polishing them off sooner than later 😉Print
Soft buttery twists are stuffed with Nutella, then drizzled with white chocolate and topped with crunchy chopped candy canes – these Peppermint Crunch Nutella Twists are a fast, festive holiday treat!
- One tube crescent roll dough sheet
- 1/2 cup white chocolate melting wafers
- 3–4 candy canes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll out the crescent roll dough sheet until it forms a larger, thinner sheet.
- Cut the dough sheet in half lengthwise.
- Spread one of the halves with Nutella.
- Place the other half of the dough on top of the Nutella and press it lightly together.
- Cut the stuffed dough sheet into 14 strips.
- Twist each strip and place it on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake according to package directions or until the dough is lightly browned.
- Melt white chocolate wafers according to package directions and drizzle over the baked twists.
- Sprinkle the twists with chopped candy canes and then allow the chocolate to set.
- These twists are best served soon after they are baked but they can be stored in an air tight container for a day or so.
How about a few more fun holiday desserts?!
Chocolate Peppermint Cake Mix Cookies – fun, festive and super easy to make!