Bursting with bright berries, citrus and sweet brown sugar, this Orange & Brown Sugar Mixed Berry Salad can be served alone, over ice cream or spooned over cake!
- 16 oz strawberries
- 6 oz blueberries
- 6 oz raspberries
- 6 oz blackberries
- 1 orange (for juice & zest)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- Wash the berries gently and allow them to dry on a clean kitchen towel if you haven’t already done so.
- Remove the stems/leaves from the strawberries and cut them into bite sized pieces. Place all of the berries into a medium sized bowl.
Zest 1/2 of the orange and add the zest to the berries.
- Add the juice of 1/2 of the orange to the berries.
- Add vanilla extract and brown sugar.
- Toss the berries gently until the zest and brown sugar are evenly distributed.
Refrigerate this Orange & Brown Sugar Mixed Berry Salad for at least an hour to allow the orange, sugar and berries to blend together.
- This berry salad is most beautiful and best served within one or two days.
- Serving suggestions:
- Topped with whipped cream and more orange zest
- Spooned over angel food cake
- Scooped over pound cake or gingerbread
- Paired with crunchy granola and yogurt for decadent parfaits
- Generously draped over scoops of vanilla ice cream