It is official. I am obsessed with homemade granola. I have made at least two batches a month since I found this recipe for gingerbread granola. I gave mason jars of homemade granola for gifts at Christmas. If I don’t tuck it away in the pantry quick enough, the boys will devour it in a day. I love to sprinkle it on Greek yogurt and fruit or just eat it in a bowl with almond milk. And just wait until it bakes and your house smells absolutely amazing!
Nutty Coconut Homemade Granola
Isn’t it gorgeous? Toasted and perfectly crunchy, this homemade granola starts with oats and then gets hearty additions of sliced almonds, pecans and coconut. Then, it is tossed in olive oil and maple syrup, dusted generously with spices and a pinch of salt and baked until crispy and fragrant.
You can make a batch of this from start to finish in about 20 minutes. Easy peasy for homemade granola, right? Keep an eye on the granola as it gets close to the 13 minute mark. It is easy for any little bits around the edges to get over done. And that would be a tragedy. Because every.single.bite. of this gorgeous granola is delicious!
After the homemade granola is cooled, you can also add in raisins, banana chips, dried cranberries (any dried fruit, really) or even mini chocolate chips! How delicious would that be over vanilla ice cream or my Homemade Coconut Pudding???! And if you don’t like coconut or a certain type of nut, just increase the amount of your favorites for your own granola blend.
Mornin’, Sunshine! A few more delicious ways to start your day:Print
Oats, nuts, coconut and spices are baked to a deliciously spiced homemade granola that is perfect to sprinkle over yogurt, ice cream, fruit or to snack on!
- 2 cups quick cook oats
- 1/3 cup almond slices
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- 1/3 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix oats, almonds, pecans and coconut.
- Mix all spices in a small bowl.
- Drizzle oat and nut mixture with olive oil and maple syrup and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the spice mixture over the oat mixture and stir.
- Sprinkle remaining spice mixture over the oat mixture and stir.
- Spread granola in a thin layer on the sheet pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, rotating pan half way through baking.
- Allow granola to cool and store in an airtight container.
Adapted from Gingerbread Granola at A Beautiful Life: http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2013/12/gingerbread-granola.html.
Keywords: homemade granola