Why make mini ice cream cone cake pops? Why not!? This easy tutorial shows you how to make bite sized ice cream cone cake pops filled, dipped & sprinkled!
- One 9x13 cake – baked and cooled
- One can of complimentary flavor of frosting
- 24 mini ice cream cones
- 4 bricks of Chocolate Candiquik – 1/2 a package (You can also use candy melts or almond bark.)
- Sprinkles and pearly (pastel Sixlets)
- Once your cake is baked and cooled, crumble it in a large bowl.
- Stir the frosting into the cake crumbs until you have a thick cake mixture.
- Fill each mini cone with cake mixture.
- Then, using a small cookie scoop, add a scoop of cake mixture to the top of each mini cone.
- Wet your fingers to smooth out any rough edges so the scoops are nicely rounded.
- Place cones in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to allow the cake mixture to set up.
- Prior to dipping the cones, melt 4 bricks of chocolate Candiquik according to package directions.
- Dip each cone into the melted Candiquik and garnish with Sixlet and sprinkles.
- Place dipped cones back in refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- These are best when made and eaten the same day.
Keywords: ice cream cone cake pops