Our maple cookie bars may start with a boxed mix, but the from scratch homemade brown sugar cream cheese frosting is nothing short of amazing!
- Pillsbury Maple Cookie Mix + ingredients on package
Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting
- One 8 oz. package of cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Mix the cookie dough according to package directions but press it evenly into a prepared 8×8 baking pan.
- I lined my pan with parchment paper and it made it SO easy to remove the cookie in one large square.
- Allow the cookie to cool.
For the Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Using a hand or stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and butter.
- Add the brown sugar and mix well to incorporate it.
- Add the powdered sugar,maple syrup and salt.
- Mix well again to ensure all ingredients are incorporated.
- Spread the frosting on the cookie square.
- Cut into 16 bars.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.