Love quick and easy desserts? Then you will love these Lemon Cream Cheese Frosted Cookies topped with a simple lemon cream cheese frosting and plump ripe blackberries! No one will guess that these come together in minutes with a few ingredients from the grocery store!
- 6 large shortbread or sugar cookies
- 8 oz. cream cheese frosting (1/2 tub of store bought frosting)
- Zest of one lemon
- 3 drops lemon essential oil or 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Fresh blackberries
- Reserve a little of the lemon zest to garnish the cookies with.
- Stir remaining zest and lemon oil/extract into prepared frosting.
- Frost the cookies with the lemon cream cheese frosting.
- Garnish each cookie with two large blackberries and a sprinkling of the lemon zest.
- Store any leftovers in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
Keywords: Lemon Cream Cheese Frosted Cookies