Instant Pot Ribs are every bit as flavorful and tender as traditionally cooked ribs in a fraction of the time! Using a pressure cooker makes this rib recipe easy and delicious, even for beginner cooks!
- 2 racks baby back ribs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup liquid-choose from apple juice, apple cider vinegar, or beef or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- your favorite barbecue sauce (optional)
- Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs. (see note below)
- Mix spices and brown sugar and rub both sides of the ribs generously with the dry rub.
- Place wire rack in the Instant Pot.
- Arrange the ribs upright in the Instant Pot around the edge. Layer a second rack inside of the first if neeeded.
- Pour the liquid into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Seal lid and close vent. Set it to manual mode for 30-40 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release naturally at least 15 minutes before venting.
- If you want to sauce the ribs, carefully remove them to a baking sheet (line with foil for easiest cleanup.) Brush ribs with barbecue sauce and broil in the oven 2-3 minutes to caramelize the sauce.
Keywords: Instant Pot Ribs