Homemade strawberry milk is made with fresh strawberries and only 4 ingredients, there are no artificial flavors or additives, just big fruit flavor!
I love strawberry season! The berries are sweet, fresh, and best of all...cheap! I usually try to take full advantage of the plentiful berries by making tons of recipes like my Pink Strawberry Fluff, Frozen Strawberry Coladas, or Strawberry Dessert Pizzas. One of the favorites of my boys, however, is this super easy homemade strawberry milk!
This homemade strawberry milk tastes SO much better than just adding that strawberry syrup to milk. AND I can pronounce every ingredient in it. AND it has a generous helping of fresh fruit! How's that for a winner?
- vanilla extract
Step by step
Honestly, there isn't much to the technique for this recipe, simply toss everything in the blender and blend until frothy!
Tips for best results
- If you want a smoother consistency you can use a fine mesh strainer to remove any strawberry seeds from the milk after blending. I personally don't mind them in my drink.
- The higher fat milk you use, the creamier the final result. I make mine with skim milk but if you wanted it a little more indulgent you can make it with 2% or even whole milk.
You can make this recipe with frozen berries but it will give you more of a strawberry milkshake as an end result. (Not that that's a bad thing!!)
You can certainly use almond milk to make a dairy-free version of this strawberry milk but I would recommend oat milk as a better alternative as it has a thicker, creamier texture.
I think I may experiment with more versions of this fruity milk. Banana, blueberry, and raspberry sound like they would be delicious, too! Have you made something similar?Print
Homemade strawberry milk is a great alternative to sodas! Made with fresh strawberries, there are no artificial flavors or additives, just big fruit flavor!
- ⅔ cup ripe strawberries chopped
- 8 oz cold milk (vanilla almond milk would also be delicious)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey (more or less to taste)
- 4-5 pieces ice
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth and a little frothy.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Nutrition shown for skim milk
Keywords: strawberry milk