Introducing the simplest Halloween treat ever ... Quick & Easy Halloween Marshmallow Pops!
Nope. These aren't rocket science. But they are marshmallows. And chocolate. And sprinkles. In my book, sprinkles = instant party! What is more festive than super simple treats that everyone from 9 to 99 will enjoy?!
Quick & Easy Halloween Marshmallow Pops
Marshmallow pops are pretty self explanatory, but I figured I would walk you through the easy recipe.
First, let's talk marshmallows. You can use traditional cylinder shaped marshmallows, but I love these square-ish marshmallows. They are a little bigger and who doesn't want a few more bites of soft, fluffy marshmallow?! Plus the leftovers are absolutely perfect for s'mores!
Now that we have the marshmallows down pat, we need to talk sticks. Or handles. You know, the pop part of Halloween Marshmallow Pops. I used polka dot paper straws but you could use lollipop sticks or even popsicle sticks. You just need to give your guests something to hold on to.
So, just gently push a straw into the center of each marshmallow like so ...
Ahhh, that sweet fluffy blank canvas 🙂
Repeat for all of your marshmallows ...
Next, it's sprinkle time!! I grabbed these at my local big box store but you could get all fancy with the bajillion Halloween sprinkles in all different shapes, sizes and colors!
Speaking of color, I used lime green candy melts for my Halloween Marshmallow Pops, but use whatever color tickles your fancy. Melt the candy melts according to the package directions and stir until it is smooth with no lumps or bumps.
Gently dip each marshmallow pop into the melted chocolate. I found it easier to dip the pops while holding onto the top of the marshmallow rather than the straw/handle. Place each marshmallow pop upright on a tray prepared with parchment paper - these cookie baking sheets are my absolute favorite - and allow the chocolate to set.
That's it! In just a few minutes, you have a frightfully festive Halloween treat that is perfect for parties, classrooms and getting in the kitchen with the kiddos!
Seriously, the cuteness!! I think I would eat just about anything if it was covered in sprinkles!
Now, I haven't tried it, but I can't imagine these would be terrible to dunk in hot chocolate 😉 Happy pop making, friends!
More Halloween treats your family will scream for!
- Vampire Floats - Halloween Ice Cream Floats
- Zombie Nachos - Halloween Dessert Nachos
- No Bake Sugar Wafer Frankenstein Cookies
These simple Halloween Marshmallow Pops are the perfect easy treat for all your Halloween parties!
- Marshmallows - I used the square shaped marshmallows
- Candy melts in your favorite Halloween color - I used lime green
- Various Halloween sprinkles and sugar
- Paper straws (or lollipop sticks or popsicle sticks)
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. It's not required but it makes clean up SO easy.
- Gently push a straw into the center of each marshmallow.
- Melt candy melts according to package directions.
- Dip each marshmallow pop in the candy melts and allow some of the excess to drip off.
- Sprinkle the wet chocolate with sprinkles and place each marshmallow pop standing upright on the parchment lined pan.
- Allow the pops to set - the chocolate should be firm to the touch and not wet at all.
Keywords: halloween marshmallow pops