I love Halloween! Well, let me clarify … I love the bright colors, Halloween cookies, the grinning jack-o-lanterns, chubby bats and kiddos in adorable costumes. I guess you could say I am all about a “cute” Halloween. Are you a guts & gore or a sweetly spooky Halloween lover? I’m not sure what happened, but at some point in the last few years something changed and I just can’t handle scary movies (especially with creepy kids!) or being scared out of my wits.
So, in true cute Halloween style, when the Immaculate Baking Co. sent me some of their new coconut macaroon cookies to try, I knew those coconut laden cookie dough rounds were the perfect shape for some adorable and oh-so-easy coconut macaroon mummies! What is cuter than Halloween cookies with little quirky faces?!
Using pre-made cookie dough makes these sweetly spooky Halloween cookies quick to prepare and only require one additional ingredient. And if you are like me, there is ALWAYS a bag of chocolate chips on hand!
- 1 package Immaculate Baking Co. coconut macaroon cookies
- 24 mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Slice each cookie lengthwise using a sharp knife. (You want to end up with 24 thinner cookie rounds not 2 half-moon shapes.)
- Place 12 of the rounds on an ungreased cookie sheet(s).
- Cut each of the other 12 rounds into 3 or 4 lengthwise slices.
- Roll each slice between your hands to create a smoother “snake” of dough.
- Press the lengths of dough across the cookie rounds creating a few strips of cookie bandages.
- Bake according to package directions until the cookies are golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and place two mini chocolate chips on the mummy face for eyes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
To simply this process, simply slice each cookie into two circular rounds and bake according to package direction. Press mini chocolate chips into the warm cookies for eyes and enjoy your coconut macaroon mummies!
Idea & recipe found at shakentogetherlife.com
It may look like there are a lot of instructions, but it really is easy! I’ve simplified it in the picture below.
These little mummy Halloween cookies are soft on the inside with a satisfying toasty coconut crunch on the outside. Make sure the bottom cookie round is completely baked – it’s okay for the cookie bandages to get toasty brown. These cookies are loaded with coconut and the little crispy bits are so delicious! Oh, and you will love those two bites with the chocolate chips!
These little mummies aren’t the only Fall or Halloween cookies around here …