Cupid Cocoa is a sweet treat for Valentine’s Day that everyone will love! Strawberry milk (served warm or cold) is topped with whipped cream, sprinkles and a fun kabob that is perfect to dip, dunk and nibble!
Before I get started … did you see that Shaken Together got a face lift? I mean really, we gave the whole darn thing a lift!! Look up … fancy new logo and tagline! Look around … new menu, new layout, clean, light and bright! We are still making some tweaks but I’ll be back soon to give you the grand tour and gush over the two gals who made this pretty new site possible.
But first … cocoa!!
So, I could call this warm strawberry milk, but Cupid Cocoa just sounds so much cuter. I used this strawberry milk powder to make the pretty pink strawberry cocoa – no food coloring required! And when it’s served warm, the whipped topping melts just ever so slightly creating this soft fluff on the top of the cocoa that is absolutely delicious! But let’s not forget the real stars … those mini treat kabobs loaded with all sorts of sweet Valentine-y sweets!
I used 6 inch bamboo picks and loaded them up with heart shaped strawberry flavored marshmallows, ripe strawberries and gummy roses. Guys, those gummy roses!! Make sure you grab a bag because I’ve got another easy peasy Valentine’s Day treat coming soon that you can use the leftovers for.
I found that two marshmallows, one berry and one gummy rose were the perfect length to balance the sweet little kabob over the mug of cocoa.
So stinkin’ cute.
These Valentine’s Day drinks could not be easier! Just fill a mug with warm strawberry cocoa, add whipped topping (or whipped cream) and pile on the Valentine’s sprinkles! I used itty bitty heart sprinkles, but you could use jimmies, nonpareils, colored sugar or edible glitter. Add a cute treat kabob and this Valentine’s Day drink is done!
This pretty pink drink would look just perfect waiting for the fam on Valentine’s Day morning. Or surprise them after dinner with mugs of warm strawberry cocoa and a plate of double strawberry cookies. I wouldn’t hate that. 😉
- 16 oz. of whole milk (warm or cold)
- Strawberry Milk Powder
- Whipped topping or whipped cream
- Valentine’s sprinkles
- Heart shaped strawberry marshmallows
- Gummy rose candies
- 6 inch bamboo picks
- If you are warming the milk, add it to a saucepan on medium low and heat until just under boiling.
- Or, warm each mug for 1 – 1 1/2 minutes in the microwave.
- Once the milk is warm, stir in 4 tablespoons of strawberry milk powder.
- If you are serving this cocoa cold, just stir the milk powder in the cold milk.
- On each bamboo pick, thread 2 marshmallows, a gummy rose and a strawberry.
- To each mug of strawberry cocoa, add a dollop of whipped topping or whipped cream and sprinkle with Valentine’s sprinkles.
- Rest a kabob on the top of each mug and serve!
Do you ever do fun themed meals or parties for your family for any holidays or seasons? If you give me a theme, I will celebrate the heck out of it, ha ha! So don’t be surprised when these pretty pink drinks make an appearance in the new few weeks at our house!