- 3/4 cup 1 and 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 12 oz. vanilla wafers (see notes)
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup freshly grated carrots
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat your oven to 325* and butter/flour a 10 cup Bundt pan.
- Using your food processor, grind the vanilla wafers into fine crumbs. You should have about 3 cups of crumbs.
- Using your food processor, grind pecans until you have 1 cup of ground pecans.
- Combine ground vanilla wafers and pecans and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add each of the 6 eggs separately, mixing thoroughly after each egg.
- Alternate adding part of the milk and part of the vanilla wafer/pecan mixture until combined.
- Add the coconut and carrots and mix until combined.
- Pour evenly into the Bundt pan and spread to the edges of the pan.
- Use a small spatula to smooth the surface of the batter (this will be the bottom of your cake) as much as possible.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
The boxes of vanilla wafers I found were 11 oz. So, I used one box + 1 handful of vanilla wafers for this recipe.