- One sheet puff pastry (thawed)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup prepared chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare a mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Unfold puff pastry sheet and gently press any seams together if necessary.
- Mix together sugars, flour and pumpkin pie spice.
- Sprinkle spice mixture over puff pastry.
- Roll up tightly into a log and chill for 10 minutes.
- Slice into 12 rounds and place each mini roll into muffin pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and the dough in the center is baked through.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt frosting at 50% power for 30 seconds. Repeat if necessary until frosting is completely melted.
- Dip each mini cinnamon roll into the frosting and allow excess to drip off.
- Place on serving tray and allow frosting to set if desired.
- Store any leftovers in an air tight container.
- Reheat any leftovers in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
This recipe can easily be doubled.
If you prefer, you can drizzle the melted frosting on rather than dip the cinnamon roll bites.
Cream cheese frosting stirred with another 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice is an alternative to the chocolate frosting.