Change up your birthday celebration by taking a break from cake with this double decker chocolate chip cookie cake!
My sweet Kaleb turned 12 recently. My freckle face kid is edging closer to being a teenager and honestly, it's a little bittersweet. I am absolutely thrilled to see the amazing person he is becoming, but my momma's heart is wrenched just a bit to know we are one year closer to him leaving the nest. Let's not even talk about the fact that Camden is 14. Instead, let's talk cake. Or cookies. Well, actually ... a little of both!
Double Decker Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
We have two boys, so that means we have had a whole lot of birthday parties over the years.
With cupcakes. And cakes. More cupcakes. And ice cream sundae bars. And ice cream cakes. But in all of our celebratory times, we have never made a cookie cake. So, that had to change! In a big ol' double decker chocolate chip kinda way!!
Tips for making cookie cakes
The only part that you really have to worry about is the transfer of the cookie to the cake stand. Since I baked my big ol' cookies on parchment paper, I did the "pick up and slide" method to deliver the cookie right onto said cake stand. Easy peasy. And honestly, you are covering the whole thing in layers of chocolate frosting, so you can easily repair any cracks or breaks with delicious chocolate frosting 'glue'.
And a healthy dose of sprinkles - I love them sprinkled just around the edge of the cookie cake - will distract from any imperfections. Heck, it's a double decker chocolate chip cookie cake! Who cares about imperfections?! Candles help in a big way, too. Bright colored, fun birthday candles to celebrate the birth of one of my favorite people on the planet!
More Fun Birthday Treats!
- Soft & Chewy No Bake Birthday Cake Cookies
- Cake Batter Cream Cheese
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream Cupcakes
- Birthday Cake Dip
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream Floats
Two huge chocolate chip cookies stacked with chocolate frosting & sprinkles! A Double Decker Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake makes any celebration twice as fun!
- One 15 oz. box of Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix (+ ingredients as noted on the back of the box)
- Chocolate Frosting (homemade or otherwise)
- Sprinkles & candles
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350*.
- Make cookie mix as directed on box.
- Split dough into 2 equal portions.
- Shape each portion of dough into a 9 inch round.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Transfer one cookie to your cake stand and cover with chocolate frosting.
- Top with the second cookie.
- And another layer of chocolate frosting, sprinkles and add candles!
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie cake