With a double chocolate cookie crust, a sweet cheesecake layer, loads of tart cherries and a drizzle of warm hot fudge, this Cherry Cheesecake Chocolate Dessert Pizza will make dessert a no brainer!
And now I’ve done it. Two words: Dessert. Pizza. Quite possibly my new favorite dessert. I mean, who doesn’t love pizza? Ever more so when the ‘crust’ is a cookie, the ‘sauce’ is a cheesecake spread and the whole thing is topped with cherries and ooey gooey hot fudge!
Cherry Cheesecake Chocolate Dessert Pizza
First, the crust! I used a cookie mix, but you could make a batch of homemade cookie dough or use the refrigerated cookie dough from the grocery store. But double chocolate – definitely! See those chocolate chunk morsels? Such a great texture in the soft baked cookie crust!
Then, spread the whole delicious cookie crust with a layer of cheesecake spread. This sweet and tangy layer with cream cheese, powdered sugar and a splash of vanilla is smooshed right between the sweet cookie crust and tangy cherry pie filling. Sweet like the cookie, tangy like the cherries – it’s like the common denominator if this dessert pizza was a fraction. #shoutouttomyfellowmathnerds 😉
Finally, spoon on the cherry pie filling. You can also use strawberry. Or raspberry, since raspberry and chocolate are already BFFs. Or maybe even blueberry pie filling. Chocolate and blueberry is a crazy good combo. I only used 2/3 of the can of pie filling, but if you want, through caution to the wind and use the whole can. That can’t be bad, friends.
Whatever fruity filling you choose, don’t forget that hot fudge drizzle. Really. That warm, ooey gooey chocolate is everything.
Taking all.these pictures. was tough. Since what I really wanted to do was this …
- One 17.5 oz pouch of double chocolate chunk cookie mix + ingredients required on package
- One 8 oz. block of cream cheese (softened)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 of a 21 oz. can of cherry pie filling
- Hot fudge for drizzling
- Mix cookie mix according to package directions.
- Press dough onto a round baking sheet or baking stone. Allow for some space since the cookie will expand and spread just a bit as it bakes.
- Bake according to package directions and allow cookie crust to cool.
- In a bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the softened cream cheese, vanilla extract and powdered sugar.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the cookie crust, leaving about 1/2 inch around the crust – like you would with a pizza crust.
- Spoon cherry pie filling over the cream cheese mixture.
- Just before serving, warm hot fudge and drizzle over the dessert pizza.
- Slice and serve.
More Dessert Pizza Recipes from Shaken Together + Friends!
S’mores Pizza – Just Us Four
Rolo Brownie Pizza – White Lights on Wednesday
Our Cherry Cheesecake Chocolate Dessert Pizza may be shared here: