Do you celebrate Cinco de Mayo? I think this year, we should - even if it only means a fantastic Mexican feast! So, bust out a big pan of your famous enchiladas or tacos - I'll be making my easy Crock Pot Tacos - and then pop this easy Cinco de Mayo side dish in the oven ... cheesy baked black beans & rice!!
You know I am alllllll about easy recipes, right? Well, this recipe only has 3 ingredients, so it is most definitely EASY! And can be doubled or even tripled for a crowd. So, whether you are having a small family dinner or a big Mexican fiesta, cheesy baked black beans & rice are a must make!
- 2 cups prepared rice
- One 15.5 oz. can seasoned black beans (undrained)
- 2 cups shredded triple cheddar cheese
- Cilantro (lime wedges and salsa for garnish, optional)
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and preheat oven to 350*.
- Spread the prepared rice in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread the beans evenly over the rice.
- Finally, cover the beans with the shredded cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and just beginning to brown.
- Sprinkle with cilantro to garnish and serve with lime wedges and salsa, if desired.
This Cinco de Mayo side dish is a quick twist on basic black beans and rice, but hey, everything is better topped with an ooey gooey layer of melted cheese, right?
I like to add lime zest and a squeeze of lime juice to my rice while it is cooking. If you like heat, add a layer of sliced jalapeños under the cheese. While your cheesy black beans & rice are baking, you will have plenty of time to enjoy a margarita and a few chips and homemade fresh salsa or guacamole. I have a delicious twist on guacamole coming soon, too! Ole!
More Cinco de Mayo Recipes ...
Strawberry Orange Guacamole
This post may be shared at these link parties: