Double Decker Carrot Cake Sugar Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting: A layer of soft sugar cookie is topped by a layer of carrot cake mix cookie and tangy cream cheese frosting! This simple dessert is a knock out!
- 1 16.5 oz tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 15.25 oz box carrot cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 tub cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 9×13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper/foil.
- Press the sugar cookie dough into an even layer in the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs and softened butter until a soft dough forms.
- Press the carrot cake cookie dough on top of the sugar cookie dough in an even layer.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cookie bars comes out clean.
- Allow the cookie bars to cool and remove from pan.
- Cut the cookie bars into 20-24 squares and frost with cream cheese frosting.
- You can also mix up a pouch of sugar cookie dough (use the ingredients called for on the pouch) if you don’t have refrigerated cookie dough
- I like to line the baking pan with foil and leave some excess sticking out from either end of the pan to create ‘handles’ to help remove the cooled cookie bars from the pan
- If you don’t have softened butter, you can substitute 1/3 cup vegetable oil in the carrot cake mix cookie dough
- Add seasonal sprinkles if you want to add a festive touch