Move over coleslaw, this fresh and crispy cabbage salad with lemon garlic dressing is our new staple Summer side dish! You'll love the tangy dressing!
- One 10 oz. package shredded green cabbage
- 2 Roma tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 T lemon juice
- 2 T olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, smash the minced garlic until it is a paste.
- Whisk in the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Toss in the cabbage and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
I used packaged shredded cabbage for a short cut but you can use your food processor to shred fresh cabbage, too. I like Roma tomatoes because they are smaller and have less seeds and juice inside. As for the dressing, you can adjust the amount of lemon and garlic to taste.
Keywords: cabbage salad