Does your family have a favorite type of meal? I know some of you may love casseroles. While other families may default straight to pizza. Hands down, we are a sandwich family! Easy to personalize and perfectly portable, sandwiches are always one of our go-to easy meals.
- Beach trip or a day on the boat? PB & Js!
- Lazy weekend afternoon? Slow cooker pulled pork sandwiches!
- Ball park? Subs!
- Easy weeknight meal? Pizza paninis!
- Cold, rainy day? Definitely grilled cheese!
- The Sunday after vacation when there is a ton to do before the work week starts again?
Cheesy buffalo chicken melts and creamy blue cheese Sriracha dip!
Now, don’t let all that hot sauce talk scare you! I am a little bit of a wimp when it comes to hot and spicy food, so I can assure you that your taste buds are safe with me and you will LOVE these recipes!
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese
Let’s start with the star of this meal … the buffalo chicken melts! Now, these are not just any ol’ run of the mill grilled cheese sandwiches. Oh no. Not only is each piece of bread slathered with a spicy hot sauce garlic butter on the outside, BUT also on the inside of the sandwich, too! That means a crispy, grilled outside and a soft buttery inside. Then, each sandwich is loaded with thinly sliced chicken and muenster cheese and grilled to melty perfection. It is pretty much any buffalo wing or sandwich lover’s dream!Print
Want a meal with a little kick? Make cheesy buffalo chicken melts with hot sauce butter & a creamy blue cheese Sriracha dip perfect for chips and veggies!
- 8 slices of sturdy bread like sourdough or Italian sandwich bread
- 16 slices of thinly cut deli chicken breast
- 8 slices of Muenster cheese
- Hot sauce garlic butter (1 stick softened butter, 3/4 teaspoon of garlic salt, 2 – 3 tablespoons of Texas Pete hot sauce)
- Heat a grill pan to medium/medium high.
- Using your hand mixer, blend butter, Texas Pete hot sauce and garlic salt.
- Spread both sides of each piece of bread with the hot sauce garlic butter.
- Place one piece of bread in the pan, layer cheese, chicken and cheese again and then top the cheese with the second piece of bread.
- Grill each sandwich until the outside of the bread is crispy and toasted and the cheese is nice and melty.
Keywords: buffalo chicken melts
While your sandwiches are grilling, you can make your sandwich wingman. You know, a tasty dip for chips and veggies! My blue cheese Sriracha dip is the perfect blend of cool and creamy with just the right amount of heat! Trust me on this one.
Blue Cheese Sriracha Dip
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons of Texas Pete Cha! Sriracha sauce
Stir together sour cream, Texas Pete Cha! Sriracha sauce and blue cheese crumbles. Chill until ready to serve and garnish with additional blue cheese crumbles. Serve with celery sticks, carrots or chips.
Now, when my hubby (who is a buffalo wing, hot sauce lovin’ fool) gave these buffalo chicken melts two big thumbs up? I knew that I had a sandwich home run on my hands! And when Kaleb asked me to pack the leftover blue cheese Sriracha dip in his lunch? Brownie points, or in this case hot sauce points, for me!