- One pound turkey Italian sausage
- 6 cups broccoli (lightly steamed and drained (see note))
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Prepare a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a skillet, crumble and brown the turkey Italian sausage.
- Drain sausage and let cool.
- In the baking dish, spread the steamed broccoli into a single layer.
- Sprinkle broccoli with Italian sausage.
- Top with pasta sauce and then sprinkle cheese in an even layer.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and browned on top, about 12-15 minutes.
You can also use traditional pork Italian sausage for this recipe.
I used two bags of the fresh broccoli that you can microwave in the bag. After it is steamed, drain the broccoli by pressing it gently in a colander with a dish towel to remove as much water as possible without completely smashing the steamed broccoli.
There may still be a bit of water that comes out as the broccoli is cooking, but it doesn’t affect the dish.