- One sheet of puff pastry (thawed according to package directions)
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Zest from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 drop of lemon essential oil
- 1 pint of blueberries
- 1 beaten egg
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- Cut the sheet of puff pastry in half and place the halves on the parchment lined baking sheet(s).
- Use a rolling pin to roll the puff pastry out a little thinner.
- In a bowl, cream together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon zest and essential oil.
- Spread each puff pastry sheet with half of the cream cheese mixture - leaving a 1/2 inch border around the pastry.
- Brush the border of the puff pastry with the beaten egg.
- Place blueberries on the cream cheese mixture on each tart.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and baked in the middle.
- Allow to cool slightly and slice to serve.