Everyone will love these Banana Berry Breakfast Nachos! Crispy mini waffles are topped with a fresh berry salsa, a dollop of fruity yogurt, sliced bananas and a drizzle of syrup for a deliciously whimsical breakfast! This fun breakfast idea is made possible via a sponsored series for Rubbermaid #Freshworks through Socialstars™ .
Anyone else just loving Summer? My boys can stay up later, sleep in longer, there is more time for fun and less stress in general. Can it be Summer all year? Wait. We live in Florida. Never mind. 😉
But, with less hectic mornings, I have a little more time to make delicious (and let’s be honest, healthier) breakfasts that are a no-go during the school year. So, we can still celebrate Summer birthdays, Summer beach days and Summer in general with these super fruity, healthy mini waffle …
Banana Berry Breakfast Nachos
Nachos have gone breakfast!! In true nacho fashion, we’ve got layers of toppings and tons of flavor!
- Toasted mini waffles serve as the “chips” …
- Fresh berries are diced and mixed with a smidge of brown sugar for a fruity “salsa” …
- Sliced bananas are a fruity substitute for traditional sliced olives or jalapenos …
- Sour cream? No way! Use fruity yogurt instead …
- And no waffles are complete without syrup, so a little drizzle of warm maple syrup is the finishing touch!
Since nachos must have salsa, this sweet breakfast version is topped with a fresh strawberry and raspberry salsa!
Right now, the berries in our super markets are unbelievably gorgeous! So each weekend, I stock up and pop them in my Rubbermaid® Freshworks™ Produce Savers. No more ruined berries or wasted money in our house; berries stay fresh days longer thanks to the FreshVent™ technology in the lids that regulate air flow and the CrispTray™ that elevate the berries away from moisture.
And bonus … more fresh berries = more Banana Berry Breakfast Nachos!!
- Toasted mini waffles
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1/4 cup diced raspberries
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Sliced bananas
- Yogurt – flavor of choice (we used strawberry)
- Maple syrup
- Toast mini waffles according to package directions – we used 8 mini waffles for each plate.
- While the waffles are toasting, dice up strawberries and raspberries.
- Add berries to a small bowl and stir in brown sugar and squeeze lemon juice over berries – stir to combine.
- Slice bananas – we used 1/2 banana per plate of breakfast waffles.
To Assemble Banana Berry Breakfast Waffles
- Arrange toasted mini waffles on a plate.
- Top with banana slices and berry salsa.
- Spoon yogurt over waffles.
- Drizzle with warm maple syrup.
I think a mini waffle breakfast nacho bar would be a great breakfast idea for a Summer sleep over, a no-fuss brunch with the ladies or a surprise brinner meal (you know, breakfast for dinner = brinner)!
Any way you slice it (get it?!), these Banana Berry Breakfast Nachos are a sweet way to start the day!
More Berry-rific Recipes!