The newest addition to the Bassett family…
I know. We caved! Give the Bassetts a litter of kittens and we can’t.say.no. Isn’t he/she (?) the sweetest little fluff ball around? A snugly, tiny, gray and white scoop full of scrumptiousness!
Here, have another look…
|Since Awesome wouldn’t oblige and snuggle, the lion was more agreeable 😉|
We’re still batting around names…(get it? batting around? ha!)
- August (Auggie for short)
- Little (I’m leaning towards this one!)
- Yoda – he has cute little Yoda-like ears
…so he/she is still yet to be christened formally.
BUT … this little fellow (gal?) is getting mixed reviews:
|little Yoda baby|
- The Little Bug is a little bit rough, a “bull in a china shop” kinda kid and he is having a hard time getting used to having to be so careful. And he stalks the poor thing … and just can’t stop himself from picking it up, moving furniture to look for him/her and just generally (but of course, good intentionally) harassing the little love. He had a stern talking-to and I asked him why he couldn’t just leave the kitten alone. Wailing, he said, “But … he’s … just … so … adorable!!” I completely understand 🙂
- The Bigger Bug is in L-O-V-E! Like cannot get enough, baby talk, smooshy smooshy love. It’s pretty cute to watch. But don’t tell his friends I said that.
- Awesome is…less than excited shall we say. He has made noises that I have never heard before. He hisses more than a leaky accordion and he is most definitely a grump. Double grump, even. Understandably upset about sharing his people and his territory. But the intruder has only been here two days. And I don’t think Awesome can resist kitten superpower cute much longer. We’ll see…
Oh, okay! One more picture 🙂
Now, where did that little thing take off to?!