Packed with dill pickles, garlic, dill and sharp cheddar cheese, this Creamy Cheesy Dill Pickle Dip is part of a sponsored partnership with Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions and excessive exclamation points are mine alone. #timetocrunch #CollectiveBias
Oh friends. I’ve done it. I’ve really done it. I have taken that boring, out of a jar or packet chip dip and sad bowl of pickles and blown them right out of the water! Addictive. Crazy good. Outrageously creamy. Surprisingly cheesy. Packed with BIG dill pickle flavor. The perfect teammate for a duo of dippers. This dill pickle dip is a touch down for your big game spread for sure!!
Creamy Cheesy Dill Pickle Dip
Don’t be fooled by its classic chip dip appearance. There is BIG flavor packed into that football shaped bowl. I mean, there is an entire cup of diced dill pickles just waiting under that creamy dill and garlic flavored dip. Take a closer look …
Man, oh, man is that stuff good! And better yet, you can make it a day or two in advance so the day of the big game is a little less hectic and you can check one dish off of that game day grub to-do list.
And honestly, the real question is not whether or not you are going to make this dill pickle dip. The real question is:
It is rather appropriate that two of my favorite dippers go head to head for this game day appetizer, don’t you think?
So, do you go with a seriously crisp-ety crunch-ety potato chips with all of those dips and curves for scooping up dip?
Or dunk a sturdy, hearty, baked to perfection pretzel with plenty of surface area to haul that creamy goodness right to your mouth?
Frankly, you’re a winner either way, so go on … DIG IN!!
Creamy Cheesy Dill Pickle Dip
Creamy Cheesy Dill Pickle Dip is a game day appetizer touchdown! With tangy pickles, garlic, dill and sharp cheddar cheese, this flavorful dill pickle dip is a fan favorite!
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced petite dill pickles (*see notes)
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teas dried dill
- 1 1/2 teas garlic powder
- 1 petite dill pickle diced (for garnish)
Stir all ingredients together in a large bowl.
Refrigerate until serving. (Can be made a day or two in advance.)
If serving for game day, spoon dip into a football shaped bowl and add diced pickle down the center of the bowl to mimic football laces.
*Petite (mini) dill pickles have less seeds and will be less wet in the dip.
Now, let’s talk about this recipe. Here are a few tips for making this Creamy Cheese Dill Pickle Dip:
- I used full fat cream cheese, sour cream and mayo. I figure I’ll be cheering pretty hard and will clearly work off those calories 😉 Feel free to use lower fat versions if you want.
- Pickles. Two things: Use petite dill pickles and drain them well before dicing/chopping. These mini pickles have less seeds and smaller seeds, so that equates to less moisture in the dip. You want to keep this dip thick and creamy.
- I wanted a really flavor packed dip, so I went heavy on the dill and garlic powder. Feel free to adjust the seasonings to taste.
- Offer multiple dippers like Snyder’s of Hanover® Pretzels and Cape Cod® Potato Chips. People like options and both of these are delish with this dip.
I would LOVE it if you would add this easy dill pickle dip to your appetizer, game day or party food Pinterest boards!
More Winning Game Day Appetizers!