Creamy red velvet pudding mousse is layered with crushed Oreos and whipped cream in these easy, no bake Oreo Red Velvet Pudding Cups!
Well, I’ve sufficiently recovered from the mid-week “mini vacation” that was July 4th on a Tuesday. Sort of. Anyone else feel like that was the Monday-est Wednesday of all time? Seriously, staying up to 11pm on a weeknight and then going to work the next morning was a killer. But since the weekend (and our family vacation!) is right around the corner, I thought an easy dessert that can be put together in just a few minutes would be the perfect way to end this week. And there are Oreos involved, so your’re welcome 😉
Oreo Red Velvet Pudding Cups
I love pretty little layered desserts. And no bake desserts. And pudding mousse. Oh, and Oreos. (Clearly, I love a lot of things. My thighs will back me up on that. Ha!) So these lovely layers of creamy pudding mousse, whipped topping and crushed Oreos are pretty much heaven in a cup.
And did I mention that this is RED VELVET pudding mousse?! Hold.the.phone. Seriously, Jell-O – you get me. This Southern girl snatched that box of red velvet pudding mix off the shelf fast enough to make your head spin! (I found it in Walmart, but you can grab the red velvet pudding mix on Amazon if you’re already shopping. *affiliate link*)
Just look at that pretty pink pudding …
I even made you a little video so you can see how easy it is to make these Oreo Red Velvet Pudding Cups! (These are a work in progress and I hope to bring you even more videos soon!)
A few notes:
- I used 14 oz. plastic cups for 6 generous pudding cups with double layers of everything. You can use smaller 5-7 oz cups to get around a dozen of these pudding cups.
- When you are assembling your pudding cups, put the cups in a muffin tin to keep them from tipping over as you layer the ingredients. Yep, I use that scuffed, banged up muffin tin all the time. She’s an oldie but a goodie.
- I used regular Oreos, but ya’ll … there are RED VELVET Oreos. Next time.
- Keep these refrigerated until you are ready to serve and add the Oreo on the top just before serving.
Oreo Red Velvet Pudding Cups
- One 3.4 oz box Red Velvet instant pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk I use whole milk
- Two 8 oz. tubs of whipped topping thawed
- One Family Size package of Oreo cookies reserve 6 cookies for garnish
Place the Oreos in a large zip top bag (or in your food processor) and use a rolling pin or heavy object to crush the cookies into large crumbs. Set aside.
In a bowl, whisk the pudding mix and cold milk until combined.
Allow pudding to soft set for 1-2 minutes.
Gently fold in one tub of thawed whipped topping just until incorporated.
In plastic cups (or mason jars), layer crushed oreos, pudding mouse and remaining whipped topping.
Garnish each pudding cup with the reserved Oreos just prior to serving.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
I know I’ve mentioned pudding mousse, but I’m not sure if you understand the full blown obsession I have with it. Allow me to show you ALL the ways I use this creamy dreamy dessert:
- Make a lemon version as the frosting for this Lemon Strawberry Poke Cake or this Triple Lemon Poke Cake
- Add ground vanilla beans and sprinkles for this Very Vanilla Pudding Mousse
- Layer it with brownies and berries in this Brownie Berry Chocolate Mousse
- Stir in whole pieces of pie for Key Lime Pie Dip or Chocolate Cream Pie Dip
Of course, don’t forget to stir up a bowl of red velvet pudding mousse for these Oreo Red Velvet Pudding Cups!