Easy prep and big Italian flavor makes this Tuscan Pasta Salad a delicious Summer side dish for picnic and potluck season!
‘Tis the season of picnics, potlucks, cookouts and all manner of outdoor entertaining! We love to fire up the grill, stock the back porch with pool towels, fill the fridge with cold drinks and have friends and family over for a some pool side fun. Since I want to enjoy my company instead of being cooped up in the kitchen, this pasta can be prepped ahead of time and just mixed right before serving. Easy peasy, friends!
Tuscan Pasta Salad
Instead of using rotini (corkscrew pasta) or elbow macaroni, I decided that tender, cheese filled tortellini would be the star of this Summer side dish. Those cheesy little pasta pockets hold their own with flavorful veggies like sundried tomatoes and roasted red peppers. I added mini pepperoni, olives and even some fresh greens so this pasta salad really is bursting with flavor!
I went with a no-mayo pasta salad that can stand up to the heat a little better than one of its creamy counterparts. To make this recipe even easier, the vinaigrette is just shaken up in a mason jar and drizzled over all of the ingredients.
Now, I love my Young Living essential oils! I’ve used them to make homemade non-toxic cleaners, beauty products, fun DIYs. And of course, there are lots of delicious recipes with essentials oils here at Shaken Together, too:
- Cherry Dumplings with Lemon Glaze
- Citrus Fresh Fizz
- Sunshine Slush
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Dip
- Lime Salt
- Homemade Orange Vanilla Sugar
This Tuscan Pasta Salad is delicious served with grilled Italian sausage, marinated chicken or even alongside a classic burger. It is hearty and filling, so your guests definitely won’t go hungry!
Tuscan Pasta Salad & Summer Recipes with Essential Oils
- Two 19 oz. package of cheese tortellini cooked according to package instructions & cooled
- One 3.8 oz. can sliced olives
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts chopped
- 1/3 cup mini pepperoni
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers chopped
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil drained and chopped
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 toothpick swirl Taste of Italy or 1 drop of Lemon essential oil
Mix dressing ingredients and shake to combine.
Just prior to serving, stir all ingredients + dressing together and spoon into serving bowl.
Here are a few ingredients that would be delicious to swap out for your family’s preferences:
- Cubed salami instead of pepperoni
- Fresh red peppers instead of roasted red peppers
- Diced fresh tomatoes instead of sundried tomatoes
- Any hearty green (spinach or kale) instead of arugula
- Marinated mushrooms instead of artichoke hearts
- Regular pasta + mini fresh mozzarella balls instead of the cheese tortellini
- Try switching up the vinaigrette with lemon, basil or oregano essential oil
Now, are you ready for more ways to rock your next cookout with essential oils?
I am joining some of my favorite blogger friends to share refreshing drinks, tasty salads, a rockin’ main course, a few sweet treats and even homemade citronella candles!
We are also throwing a BIG Facebook event tonight to introduce ourselves, share recipes and there may even be some GIVEAWAYS!! Just click the picture below and then click going – even if you can’t attend the event tonight, when you click “going” it gives you access to all of the information even after the event has ended!
And now, check out these awesome Summer recipes and an awesome DIY using essential oils!
- Sparkling Lavender Lemonade – One Project Closer
- Orange Julius – Here Comes the Sun
- Tuscan Pasta Salad – Shaken Together (you’re here!!)
- Cowboy Caviar with lime oil dressing – Making Lemonade
- BLT Salad with Creamy Lemon Chive Dressing – Weeknight Dish
- Grilled Chicken with Citrus + Ginger Marinade – The Turquoise Home
- Key Lime Thumbprint Cookies – Unskinny Boppy
- Fruit Kabobs with Citrus Dip – One Project Closer
- Lime Raspberry Popsicles – DIYShowOff
- Citronella candles – Practically Functional