Add a touch of whimsical Halloween fun to your home with an easy Candy Corn Fabric and Ribbon Garland!
OK, so technically this garland is not made with real candy corn. Neither is this one. But I guess you figured that out. I’d say it’s more inspired by candy corn. But this little home decor DIY is quick and easy, requires no special tools or sewing and add tons of bright colorful Halloween cheer! Hang it on a hutch, drape it on your mantel or add it to a Halloween vignette …
Candy Corn Fabric and Ribbon Garland
This candy corn inspired garland is just as simple. Pick your fabrics and ribbons, cut (or rip for a more rustic look) fabric into strips, cut ribbons and knot or tie the pieces onto a length of twine. If you want a longer garland, simply cut/rip more fabric and ribbon.
Here is what I used to make this sweet Candy Corn Fabric and Ribbon Garland:
- Orange fabric cut or ripped into twelve 1 x 6 inch strips
- Yellow fabric cut or ripped into twelve 1 x 6 inch strips
- White fabric cut or ripped into twelve 1 x 6 inch strips
- Orange ribbon cut into six 6 inch strips
- Yellow ribbon cut into six 6 inch strips
- White ribbon cut into six 6 inch strips
- The length of your garland may vary – mine is about 30 inches long – so cut a length of twine to the desired length and add 6 inches so you can tie loops for hanging.
- Tie a loop at one end of your twine. (You can see the loop in the photo below.)
- Begin knotting fabric and ribbon on the twine – alternating orange fabric, orange ribbon, yellow fabric, yellow ribbon, white fabric and white ribbon.
- Continue tying fabric and ribbon until your garland is the desired length.
- Tie a loop at the other end of your twine.
Garlands add great texture and softness to home decor – I love the bright and whimsical candy corn colors. I don’t think I use enough orange and yellow in our home 🙂
This is an easy project for an afternoon and it will be done in no time – another simple DIY for busy crafters!
More Candy Corn Projects and Recipes from Shaken Together + Friends!
Rustic Wooden Candy Corn Banner – Shaken Together
Candy Corn Terracotta Pots – The DIY Village
Candy Corn Crunch No-Bake Cookies – Shaken Together
Candy Corn Whoopie Pies – The Happier Homemaker
Mini Candy Corn Cupcakes (in a shot glass) – A Step in the Journey
Our Candy Corn Fabric and Ribbon Garland may be shared here: