Your eyes do not deceive you. And yes, you read that right:
Grilled donuts a la mode.
Let’s break this down.
First: donuts. Soft, fresh bakery glazed donuts grilled until warm and slightly toasty. Grilled until that delicate crispy glaze just starts to warm and glisten.
Then: the warm donuts are topped with robust scoops of rich vanilla ice cream. Pick your favorite vanilla ice cream. Just make sure there is lots of it.
Finally: do you see those little dark brown bits gracing the top of the ice cream? Ground vanilla beans. Or otherwise known as what heaven must be made of. Totally optional but absolutely divine. The end.
I think this recipe is equally genius and ridiculous. I mean, you don’t have to bake or really make anything. Just a bit of cooking – really, warming I would say. We can all do that, right? At its core, it is really just the sweet assembly of some of my favorite things on the planet. That come together and make the angels sing!
Grilled donuts a la mode made with glazed donuts + vanilla ice cream are like the equivalent of vanilla cake + vanilla butter cream in a wedding cake. A classic. Stunning in its simplicity. Almost universally loved. But hey, I am an equal opportunity donut lover. Who is up for a little bit of crazy when it comes to grilled donuts a la mode?! Like …
- Chocolate glazed donuts with mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Maple donuts with butter pecan ice cream
- French crullers with deep, dark chocolate ice cream
- Strawberry donuts with Neapolitan ice cream
Oh man, there aren’t enough days in the week!
More donuts … because, well, DONUTS!
- Blueberry Buttermilk Mini Donuts with Lemon Glaze – Shaken Together
- Baked Red Velvet Donuts – Katie’s Cucina
- Pumpkin Spice Baked Donut Holes – A Step in the Journey
- Peanut Butter Donuts with Strawberry Dipping Sauce – Shaken Together
- Cinnamon Sugared Biscuit Donuts – Tried & True
- Mini Chocolate Donuts – Always Expect Moore
This post may be shared here: