Okay, I caved. I've got 'one little word' for 2012, too. Have you heard about this? It's a pretty big thing around blog land. I was introduced to the concept of one little word via Ali Edwards' blog a few years ago and here is her take on it for 2012.
What's my word for this year?
(And thanks, Graphics Fairy for the awesome scale graphic!)
Balance: equal distribution of weight, amount, etc.; a state of equilibrium; mental steadiness or emotional stability; habit of calm behavior, judgment, etc.
In her post (the one I linked above), Ali asks:
And what do you do with this one little word?I have got to find that equilibrium. That place of stability. A balance between:
You live with it. You invite it into you life. You let it speak to you. You might even follow where it leads. There are so many possibilities.
- A healthy lifestyle (i.e. eating & exercise, SIGH) and this crazy, hectic baseball life we live that leads to quick easy - probably not the healthiest of - meals and lots of bleacher sitting. I want to be around for a good long while (God willing) and I need to be a healthy 33 year old wife and mom.
- Time spent on this blog (probably more than I care to admit) and time spent with The Saint, The Bugs and making me a better me. This is a big one. I have a full time job outside out home. And while I try to blog on my lunch break, it is so easy to grab a "few minutes" to check link parties or browse giveaways at home only to find that I've just let a 1/2 hour or more go by. This is about using my time wisely and giving myself the flexibility to post a tutorial a little late or not at all. Plus? The Saint is pretty darn cute ;)
- Doing things my way and allowing things to just get done. Anyone else rearrange the dishwasher after it has been loaded by a well-intentioned Saint? Or refold towels? Enough! Just git 'er done!!
- Buying stuff and actually using stuff. I am definitely guilty of buying fill-in-the-blank-item because I might make something out of it. Note to self: wooden coffee stirrers are not a necessity. And I'm pretty sure there is not going to be a run on .
- My Christian walk and the rest of life. Again, it is so easy for me to leave my Bible in the church on Sunday and jump right into laundry, practice and the DVR. And as I type this list, I have a feeling that if I get this bullet point in order, the rest will just fall into place ...
Since there are some days that life feels a little like a circus (ha ha!), you're looking at the newest tightrope walker of the next 365 days!Keri