SO, I am not a huge fan of resolutions. Most of them are things I should have been doing anyway and I just feel bad when two weeks into the year, there is a big, fat FAIL. This year, I wanted to jot down goals - yes, let's use the word 'goals'. Much easier to stomach than resolutions.
And since I l-o-v-e lists, I'll make one! Personal goals for 2012:
- Balance. This one is so tough for me. But this year I want to keep the balance a little more even between family life and blogging. Our lives are so jam packed with baseball, school work, baseball, blogging (for me anyway) and just 'regular life' that all of it suffers a little. SO, I guess that means I am going to have to...
- Organize. I actually love to organize, but because #1 is out of whack a lot, I just don't have the time and energy to do it. I have a feeling there will be chore charts and lots of lists in our future ;)
- Health. For all of us, in general. For me, exercise - ugg - and eating healthier. Again, this tends to go by the way side when #1 is neglected. But it is important to me to be here and healthy for as long as God let's me. And I sure can't buy a whole new wardrobe! So, who wants a wheat grass shot and a Just Dance date?!
- Document. Or scrapbook. Or smash book (thanks, Santa!). Whatever the means, I want to record and document our lives. With pictures. And dates. And commentary from yours truly. So The Bugs can hear my voice long after I am gone. And so The Saint will stop whining ;)
- Share. I want to continue to share recipes and craft tutorials - that's the heartbeat of this blog. But some weeks it is everything I can do to come up with an idea, make it, photograph it, edit those photos and string somewhat intelligible words together. So, I want a plan, a blue print, a road map - basically, see #2 above :)
- Grow. I love that folks stop by and follow and pin and comment here at pressed down, shaken together. And I want to continue inspiring folks to do so and in a bigger way. But manageable - basically, see #1 above :)
- Host. Yep, I want to host a link party. I am throwing around a few ideas and a few catchy names, but I'm pretty sure you'll be able to link your awesomeness here in the coming weeks - stay tuned!
- Use more, buy less. Enough said. I think I, along with lots of you, probably have enough 'stuff' to craft with. So, I am
resolvingstriving to make do and make it work! There may be a few minor exceptions, but big picture, I want to give this a go!
Heading head first, full steam ahead, best foot forward ... whole self in hokey pokey into 2012!!