- Our A/C, which has been somewhat temperamental as of late and decided not to work overnight, is currently cooperating and cold air is coursing through our house. I'm being cautiously optimistic.
- My gardenia tree is blooming! It's like a Febreeze plug in right outside our front door! One of my favorite things about our not-so-new house.
- Speaking of our house, we just celebrated We've Been Paying Our Own Mortgage for a Whole Year Now! 29 years to go.
- Summer is almost here. Now, while I am not a professed lover of our ridiculously hot summers in Florida, I am super excited about the demise of this school year. The projects! And AR points! And "Oh yeah, Mom? I have to dress up like a hunter in St. Augustine from the 1600s. Tomorrow." And just in case you are met with the same conundrum, camouflage was not around in the 1600s and will result in loss of points for authenticity. However, a bow made out of a stick from the front yard and ribbon from my scrapbook room and a Webkinz otter make up the extra points.
- Seeing the smaller Bug's Rookie baseball team get a big win in their first tournament game. Get your brooms people, I feel a sweep coming on!
- Recently at dinner, the smaller Bug proclaimed he did like "Oprah and tomatoes". While I also enjoy the talk show host (just not narrating Life), since we are not cannibals and do not eat people for dinner, it was really called okra. Yes, we do live in the south. ;)
- Lists! And exclamation points!
- Summer hair cuts for the Bugs
- A new venture
- The upcoming three day weekend and the prospect of grilled burgers and parties by the pool
Sunday, May 23, 2010
It's Sunday and these things are making me happy: