Well, first, our home computer caught the swine flu or something and was down for the count until this past weekend. I worked some IT magic (if by magic I mean following the prompts in Help until whatever was wrong is fixed) and we are back in business. Quick side note: I bought a $35 8GB jump drive to back up all my photos and junk just in case the swine flu's hold was permanent and this little baby holds a LOT of stuff. I backed up 5 years of photos and all of my documents and haven't hit 70% capacity. Pretty sweet.
There are only 3 days of school left. (Do you hear the angels singing?) With the joy of the year ending comes tons of brightly colored papers exploding in their backpacks from every department in the school! Are you coming back to this school? Will you be attending Summer Extended Day program? Consider joining the performing chorus. Please send in money for the end of year party. Keep active over the summer - here, keep this exercise log. We will be walking to the park Wednesday - send two drinks, put on sunscreen and wear comfy shoes. My brain is on elementary school overload.
Finally, and most exciting, we moved! Into our own house! Just down the street from where we rented for five years! Same great neighborhood, location and schools but now as a permanent resident. WOO HOO! Allow me to share my favorite things about the move and our fabulous new house:
- I have been indoctrinated into the Wallpaper Removal Club (WRC). Oh yes, I can remove textured green 1970's wallpaper with the best of them now. And I kind of like it. I might run for club president so let me know if you want to be my campaign manager.
- I am a Spackle Queen - this is a high honor achieved in the WRC and my tiara should arrive any day. I was looking for holes and imperfections so I could slather on the pink glop and sand it down.
- I love paint color names. Our family room is warm and inviting Solar Glow and my scrapbook room is the cool, creamy Grated Parmesan.
- The move from carpet (and cheap carpet at that!) to tile and hard wood floors is most wonderful. My O Cedar! broom is fast acting and requires no electricity - I'm going green on accident!
- Shopping! For shower curtains and towels and paper towel holder thingees and new bedding and a patio set for the new screened in porch and stuff! Marvelous decorating stuff! I'm sorry scrapbook store, I've found a new love.
- We have stairs in this house - down to the laundry room (attached!), down to the family room, from the front porch to the front door. I am going to have the calves of an Olympian soon, you wait and see!
- We are grown ups and it's a great feeling. I got our homeowners policy and our temporary payment coupon from our mortgage company, we've dropped a good amount at Lowe's and HomeDepot, we bought our first lawn mower, we worry about the direct proportion of rain and weed growth and we actually listen when the local news mentions property taxes.
So, if you're free on June 13th, come by, raise a glass and celebrate the reason why we won't ever be able to go out to dinner with you, vacation or buy anything from your Pampered Chef/Tupperware/Candelite party for the next 30 years!! Cheers!!